Ma'agan is an proffesionally led program that supports teachers in integrating children with developmental delays in public preschools.
The Ma'agan staff - composed of occupational therapists, speech therapists, educational counselors and therapists - works in collaboration with preschool staff in order to identify, support and integrate children with developmental delays in public preschools.
- Guide preschool teachers on subjects related to motor, sensory, language and emotional development.
- Identify children who face difficulties, find ways to support them, help them integrate into the school community and monitor their progress
- When necessary, direct parents to seek professional evaluation and treatment.
- Help teachers adapt teaching methods in order to comply with the needs of children with developmental delays.
- Encourage and assist preschool teachers in establishing work relationships with health and welfare services.